Automation - Schedule when Project End Date is reached

Carolina Halbwachs May 24, 2023

In my JIRADC plattform I have to add for every issue a "Project end date". I would like that each assignee of issue receives and automatic notification saying your project end date is reached. Please update your "issue". Is that possible? I couldn't find any option.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2023

Hi @Carolina Halbwachs 

If I were you, I'd try this before going to Jira Automation:

1. Write a filter something like:

project = XYZ and assignee = currentUser() and "Project end date" > startOfDay()

2. Save it under the filter name "Please update the following issues"

3. Create a subscription to the filter
    1. Subscribe all the members of the team
    2. If you have a Jira group for the team, subscribe the group to the filter, it will save some typing
    3. Decide how often you want the subscription to send email - daily? weekly?

HTH,

Kel

Carolina Halbwachs May 31, 2023

Thank youuuu!! Very very helpful :)

Like # people like this
0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi Carolina - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Where are you storing the "Project end date" and how is it related to the individual issues? 

Carolina Halbwachs May 24, 2023

Issue.png

Hi John, thank you for your answer! Every individual issue has an end date. You can find it on the right side.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

Gotcha - that's much easier then. You could approach it a couple of ways - add-ons would be best - either ScriptRunner or Automation for Jira. I do not use ScriptRunner but for an automation rule, you can create a Scheduled Trigger rule that runs nightly and includes a JQL query to identify the issues related to the Project End Date. 

You might also be able to write the same query and save it as a Filter and then create a Subscription for the filter. 

Carolina Halbwachs May 25, 2023

Annotation 2023-05-25 162103.png

Hi John, I tried it already but when I enter projectduedate it gives me following mistake... Any idea what I am doing wrong? I am fairly new to this and I ran out of options

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2023

Is that the EXACT name of the field - including spacing and case? If not, then you need to use the exact name. If there are spaces, but the name in double quotes. 

If that is the exact name, then check the Context of the field to see if there are restrictions there. 

The other thing you can do is click the Validate query button to see what it says. 

Finally, get it working as a filter first then copy it here. 

Like Carolina Halbwachs likes this
Carolina Halbwachs May 30, 2023

It worked!! Thank you SOOOOO much :)

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2023

Great! Glad that worked. 

Suggest an answer