Automation Rule resolutiondate 5 minutes ago

Tobias April 28, 2021

Hello all,
for the implementation of a project I wanted to ask if there is a way to check on which operations the resolution was set in the last 5 minutes.

We need this function because we want to send automated mails about it. So we want to check for ResolutionDate - 5 minutes or something similar.

Maybe there is a solution like resolutiondate=now()-5m?

Is there any way to calculate with the ResolutionDate?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Hi Tobias,

Try something like:

project = ABC and resolved >= -5m

Tobias April 29, 2021

This worked for me. Thank you John.

Like John Funk likes this
1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Do you have Automation for JIRA installed, or are you wanting to do this with Scriptrunner?

If you simply set up an Automation for JIRA rule (or maybe a Scriptrunner Listener) that is triggered by a change in the Resolution field (or by a status transition to your "done" statuses), then you could send an email immediately after the issues is resolved.

Tobias April 29, 2021

I will solve it with the hint of @John Funk. I will use an automation rule for this. This will trigger an event. At this point I am not sure how to set a new generic event. I will combine Automation for Jira with the Jira Email this Issue plugin. 

Suggest an answer