Automation Not Working When Story Has Restrictions

Landin January 21, 2021

When I create a new story, if I add a restriction to it (e.g. only Administrators can view), automation rules do not get applied. Is there an additional rule I need to apply to have automation run on restricted stories?

BTW, I am running on a next-gen project.

Much appreciated!

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2021
0 votes
Mikhail Ponomarev February 9, 2022

Sorry I have the same issue, and I can't see how it is solved... No automation works if a ticket has any restriction! even if I am a part of a role to which the issue is restricted...

0 votes
Zhen GUO September 16, 2021

Try to add "rule" in Manage Workflow page.  And upload workflow, apply rules to all relevent issue types.  

Snipaste_2021-09-16_22-37-30.jpg

0 votes
Zhen GUO September 3, 2021

hi there,  i would like to konw whether you solve the problem?

0 votes
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

I believe you can choose who should be able to execute the automation.

Try adding your username in the automation settings and make sure that you have the appropriate permission to view/edit the issue aswell.

Landin January 21, 2021

Are you referring to this setting? 

jira.jpg

I am the admin of the project.  As mentioned before, the automation works if I don't apply restrictions to the issue, it is only when I apply restrictions that the automation does not trigger. Here is the restriction option I was referring to:

JIRA 2.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events