Automation If condition triggers even though it shouldn't

Phyllis Zhu July 22, 2021

I have an if/else condition for my automation rule. 

When the field "needed for Saas" is set to yes, I want it to check the epic the issue is under, if it's not the "legacy-hris-payroll" then clone into the HRIS project, if it is then clone it to the Pay project. 

When I tested an issue, it's epic is correct, but the if condition passes and I get an HRIS ticket created instead of PAY.

Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 10.51.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-22 at 10.42.55 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2021

Hi @Phyllis Zhu 

What type of project is this rule for: company-managed or team-managed?  I'm wondering if Epic Name is the problem for mismatches in conditions.

And, if you use log statements to write the issue fields used in the conditions to the audit log, do you see the values you expect for the conditions to pass/fail?  I'm wondering if there are other values in those fields.

Best regards,
Bill

Phyllis Zhu July 22, 2021

Actually figured it out now. 
I have to use the JQL condition and use Epic Link for the condition. 
I could probably use the advanced condition too.

What I wanted to use is the epic link but that's not an option in the issue condition so I started out with the Epic Name and was trying out the related issue condition - parent but that didn't work. 

For some reason when I did a JQL search to verify the epic name would work it returned the right results so I thought it would work. Funny enough when I tried it again the query didn't work and I realized I'd have to use Epic Link. 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer