Automation - How to Add label at the end of the issue title

Mouad Azizi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 22, 2024

I currently need to add the labels at the end of every issue title and I was wondring if it is possible to Automate this action since it's take alot of time to do it manually.

ex: Title of issue + [Label]Screenshot 2024-04-22 141153.png

Thanks in advance 

3 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2024

Hi @Mouad Azizi -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There are several ways to do this, and all require additional consideration of cleanup, edge cases, etc. to manage the different scenarios.

Before considering any of those, what problem are you trying to solve by doing this?  That is, "why do this?"

Knowing that may help the community to offer better alternative solutions to solve the problem.

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2024

Hello @Mouad Azizi 

Am not sure of your trigger, may be manual or field change?

Either way, to edit summary and add labels, its simple.

You edit your issue and choose summary from drop down and give {{summary}} - {{labels}} as value. It will replace your existing value with labels and separate them by a -...

See screenshot

image.png

Logan Mulderrig April 22, 2024

@Mouad Azizi Note two things with the solution,

• Labels may be appended to your summary multiple times
  • All labels will be appended

You can consider some advanced approaches, but I would not advise appending labels to the summary in general.

Some things that come to mind,

{{issue.summary}} - {{#issue.labels}}{{^contains}}INC{{/}}{{.}}{{^last}}, {{/}}{{/}}

{{issue.summary}} - {{#issue.labels}}{?contains("INC")}{.}{?}{^last}, {{/}}{{/}}

0 votes
Mouad Azizi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 22, 2024

I'm not sure how but, also the description migrates in a werid way with codes mixed with the original descrption. please if you have any idea on why this happens,  you will be a life savior <3 thanks in advance!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events