You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I have set three automation rules in Jira but it doesn't seem working consistently.
For example, I set an automation that all subtasks will be "Closed", following the parent's status when the parent issues are moved to "Closed" status. Some of the subtasks were moved to "Closed" but others didn't move. When I checked the audit log, it doesn't show there was any failure. Thus, I didn't notice the automation wasn't working for some subtasks until our team members brought it up and when we were trying to close our sprint.
We are using a free version right now since we only have 10 users using the tool. Also, we only have 1 project. Thus, I set all of these automation for one project. With my research, there shouldn't be any limitations to run automations for one specific project. Is it right?
Hi @Celina Kim
Would you please expand the details in your audit log for an execution that didn't work as expected and post that image? That will show the specific issues (subtasks) found and which ones the rule attempted to transition to "closed".
And, try to find an example issue which did not move all of the subtasks to "closed", and then look at the subtask's history to see if it moved to "closed", and then was re-opened, perhaps by another automation rule.
As I'm investigating this after I read your message, I've gotten a question. I'm wondering if it's because the automation only applies to "Story" issue type... I've found out that the automation didn't move the subtasks to "Closed" status for the issues with "Bug" and "Investigate" issue types. But... it doesn't seem making sense... As you can see, I set up the automation for all issues...
I've only checked my team's current board today to find this out (I already manually fixed status of all subtasks in the previous sprint before the new sprint started). I can wait one more day to see if what I found is right or not.