Automation Due Date based on start date and Priority

Erna Putri Utami August 10, 2022

how to create automation in Jira, due date based on start date and priority. But I've made the automation Star Date time fill when the issue is transitioned from To Do to In Progress.

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2022

Hi @Erna Putri Utami 

Based upon what you are describing, it seems you could do this all in one rule when the issue is transitioned into in progress.

If not, please consider posting images of your complete rule and the audit log showing the details of the execution.  That may provide more context for the community to offer suggestions.  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

Hi @Erna Putri Utami ,

You can create automation as follows.

When: Issue created
New condition: Priority = High
New action: Edit issue
Select Due date from field list and add "{{now.plusBusinessDays(5)}}". This will created date + 5 business days as due date. Modify it as per your requirment. 

thanks for your response, @Rilwan Ahmed . But I've created a Due Date based on the Start Date, and the automation start date I've created will be filled when the issue is moved from To Do to In Progress
therefore, when the Priority is filled before the issue is moved from To Do to In Progress, the due date will not be filled because the start date field is still empty.

The problem is when I move the issue from to Do to In Progress, the due date is still empty and hasn't been updated. Even though I filled in priority when the issue was created for the first time.

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

@Erna Putri Utami 
Did you try using automation Field value changed or Issue Updated triggers ? 

If you still not working, please share your full requirement. Some examples will surely help me to provide the best possible solutions. 

First Rule:

When Issue transitioned FROM To Do TO In Progress, Postponed - On Confirmation, Testing Then Edit issue field Start date.jpg

Second Rule: (in one trigger in this rule there are 6 conditions)

When Issue Updated If Bobot Pekerjaan  equals Sangat Ringan (1h) Then Edit issue fields Due date.jpg

@Rilwan Ahmed 
The capture above is an automation rule that I have compiled.

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2022

Hi @Erna Putri Utami ,

Sorry, I could not find a solution for your requirement.

What I observed is, you cannot update time for DueDate an StartDate fields. Only date can be selected. 

Check if this  Workaround helps you:

• New trigger: Issue transitioned
    Select from and To Statuses
  • New Action: Edit Issue --> Select Start Date and in text boa add "{{now}}".
    i.e. Start date will be updated to the date when ticket is transitioned.
    image.png
  • Add component --> New Action --> Edit issue --> select Due Date and mention"{{now.plusDays(3)}}". 
    i.e. Due date will be set to date when ticket is transitioned + 3 days. 
    image.png

This is how the rule looks

image.png

I have attached a ticket screenshot as an example where automation updated the start date and the due date

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events