Automation, Copy select list (cascading) custom field from an issue to new issue on transition

Natanael Aubert May 2, 2023

Hi Everyone,

Need help configuring JIRA Automation,

I was trying to copy one custom field with Select List (Cascading) type from original ticket to a newly created ticket using JIRA automation.
As I notice, Select List (Cascading) Custom Field are not supported in "Choose Field to Set" in the Issue Create option.

Now the question, 
Is it configurable using "More Options"?

In there, additional field values seems can be configured using a JSON object,
But I'm not sure how.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Hi @Natanael Aubert and welcome to the community!

You're correct, this can be done in the More Options section of the Create/Clone/Edit  issue actions:

{
  "update": {
    "CUSTOMFIELD": [
      {
        "set": {
          "value": "{{triggerIssue.fields.CUSTOMFIELD.value}}",
          "child": {
            "value": "{{triggerIssue.fields.CUSTOMFIELD.child.value}}"
          }
        }
      }
    ]
  }
}

You would replace "CUSTOMFIELD" with your custom field name

Rompicherla Kalyani July 9, 2023

Hi @Mark Segall 

Can you please let me know the navigation for this "More Options" section to provide the update script.

Is this feature available in JIra cloud as well?

Thanks,

Kalyani.

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2023

Sure @Rompicherla Kalyani  - On the Edit Issue action, you'll see a "More Options" section that is collapsed by default.  Expand that and you'll see an area where you can add the custom JSON.  See the screenshot below:

2023-07-10_05-37-38.png

Like Rompicherla Kalyani likes this
Rompicherla Kalyani July 10, 2023

Thanks for the response @Mark Segall 

My requirement is to copy only the parent value from a cascading field to another select list field on Issue creation and cascading field value change as well.

Can this be done using this Edit Issue action.

Please let me know if this is possible in Jira cloud.

Best regards,

Kalyani.

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2023

I'll be happy to help with this, but to keep this question clean and prevent notifications for any watchers, can you please create a new question for this (you can @mention me on it to ensure I respond to it)?

Like Rompicherla Kalyani likes this
0 votes
Natanael Aubert May 2, 2023

Works like a charm, Thanks @Mark Segall !

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events