Automating or scheduling adding new users

Craig Forrest June 16, 2022

I'm looking for a way where I can either schedule or automate the adding/ inviting of new users.

We set up Jira software projects and will eventually invite our clients to our Jira instance and provide them with access to a specific project.

This currently involves the project being created in advanced so we can log internal work being done for that client and then a ticket being created in a separate project where internal Jira members will request that we add the external users on a specific date. A Jira admin will then manually add those users to Jira, provide core and software and add them to the specific project. 

It's easy for a Jira admin to miss or forget about a request which can cause some frustrations so I was hoping there was a way that this could be streamlined by either:

Using automation where the email addresses and the project code are added to specific fields in a jira ticket, and when that ticket's status is changed automation creates accounts and considers the email addresses, project codes and sets the project role (which is always the same)

Still adding the users manually but not activating the accounts or sending the invites until a specific date

Are either of these options possible? or is there a simpler way of scheduling/ automating adding new users?

0 answers

Suggest an answer