Automating Issue Summary to include Issue Priority Score When the Score is Updated

Kyle Bucher May 20, 2021

Hello,

I'm attempted to create an automation rule that will add the Priority Score to the front of the Issues Summary when the Priority score is changed. I've been able to get the score to add to the front of the summary while keeping the original summary, however the previous score value remains (77.0 77.0 67.0 test bug). I haven't been able to figure out how to remove the previous score value, or how to store the original summary in a custom variable to keep it seperate.

Thanks in advance for you help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2021

Hi @Kyle Bucher -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There are several ways I can think of to solve this use case...varying in degree of effort/complexity:

1. Add a delimiter after the priority score (e.g. a semicolon) and use the substringAfter() function to grab the rest of summary when updating: {{issue.priorityScore}};{{issue.summary.substringAfter(";")}}
  2. Use the replaceAll() function with a regular expression to remove the priority score.  
  3. Store the summary in a separate custom field and replace summary each time by concatenating the priority score and custom field with summary.  This one seems like a bad idea due to duplicating the summary field data and potentially having it get out sync...and thus requiring an additional rule to resync...and possibly creating a loop... Like I noted, probably not a good solution approach.

Best regards,

Bill

Kyle Bucher June 2, 2021

@Bill Sheboy 

Thank you for your assistance, I was able to figure it out but forgot to respond to thank you. The first solution worked like a charm. 

Regards,

Kyle

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer