Automatically transition the ticket when date field is met to current date

Lakshmi S April 11, 2023

Hi Team,

We have requirement. When the ticket is In Approved status and the Exception End Date is reached it should automatically move to In Renew Review  status automatically.

We have JMWE and JSU, Script Runner addons. Please find attached image for your reference.

workflow.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Hi @Lakshmi S 

with JMWE, you'll need to use a Scheduled Action to regularly (e.g. once a day) search for issues in the In Approved status for which Exception End date <= today and automatically transition these issues (using a Transition Issue(s) post function).

Lakshmi S April 12, 2023

Hi @David Fischer ,

I tried with below jql, and didn't find Exception End date <= today, in jql we don't have "today".  The schedule is running for every hour and  not even matching today date with Exception End date.  I given exception date to April 13th, but the ticket status was changing in 30 mins, 1 hour after ticket creation.

schedule.PNG

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

@Lakshmi S 

you probably want to first test your JQL expression directly in Jira's search page.

Also, I belive you want "Exception End Date" <= startofDay(), if you want to find issues for which the Exception End Date has been reached.

Like Lakshmi S likes this

Suggest an answer