Automatically move from a temporary status to another

Hadas Hamerovv July 5, 2021

Hi guys,

I wanted to have a flow which closes an issue as 'canceled'.

Same issue can be closed via another route but the resolution is different ('done')

So I therefore created a new status 'Rejected' and left it as 'In Progress' and now wish to automatically move it to the 'Closed' status while having the resolution set to 'won't do' during the transaction.

So I was looking for a post action while changing the status to 'rejected' to immediately move it to 'Closed' via the rejection transaction which modify the resolution to 'won't do'

And...I can't find the way to do that. Can't find a post action which allows me to have a trigger of changing a status to 'rejected'. I can only find a trigger of any status change.

Can someone advise here?

3 answers

0 votes
Hadas Hamerovv July 7, 2021

I understand now that this was probably not the way to plan the flow. Dismissing this extra status.

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2021

Hi @Hadas Hamerovv :

Take a look at this tutorial on how you can update the resolution based on a transition in a ticket via jira automation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2ary5YG-7w&t=2s 

Regards,

Fabian

Saw it and many others. Still can't figure how to perform what I've wanted.

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2021

For a quick status change from any point, you should have the "Allow all status transition" on the workflow. Then you can set an automation condition based on your scenario to edit the transition and set a resolution dynamically the way you want.

I have no problem with the transition. I simply can't find a condition based on a status change where the change is to the 'rejected' status

Suggest an answer