Automatically allocate an issue to an epic

aurore Duhamel December 4, 2020

Hello,

I am defining the customer support process and using the intercom/jira integration. I am looking to automatically allocate some issues that I create to an epic

Example: 

I have an epic called 'New Features request'

I create an issue with in the title "[NEW FEATURE] The user wants to add custom fields"

-> How can I add some automation so that Jira can automatically put the issue under the epic 'New features request' ? Is it possible to create dashboard on the number of tickets created under an epic during a particular time ?

Many thanks in advance !!

Have a nice day

Aurore

1 answer

0 votes
Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2020

Hi. It is possible to do that with automation.

You have to do as follows, modifying with the appropriate values (for your epic for example) but the logic is here. 

Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 11.34.27.png

aurore Duhamel December 6, 2020

Hi, thanks for your answer !

How do I arrive on this page of creating the automation link please ? 

Like Flavien Gache likes this
Tobias Binna
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2020

Hi Aurore, you can get to Jira's built-in automation engine by going to your Project settings > Automation

For more information on Jira automation have a look at the documentation here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/automation

Jira automation.png

Like Flavien Gache likes this
Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2020

Hi Aurore.

Did you manage to solve your problem ?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events