Automatic export of a filter when an issue transitions

Andy Munro July 20, 2021

I am using Jira to store requirements. I use a custom field to help group the requirements. I periodically filter on this field and export to a CSV file. I repeat this process for each of the values in this custom field. It would be nice if I could use automation to trigger on an issue transition, run this filter based on the value of that custom field and then export the results but I could not see a rule to do this?

I could subscribe to a filter and have this emailed periodically. I am actually using Jira server, can this be saved?

Alternatively could I use a simple script to do this? I assume I need an addon for this such as Script runner? I am not a programmer, so I want something simple and cheap.

1 answer

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2021

You can use the Better Excel Exporter app to produce a spreadsheet (not a CSV) and with adding Better Excel Automation, you can run it periodically! It requires no programming. You can save, email, etc the resulted XLSX file.

See the tutorial guides here.

Yinneth Milena Gonzalez Olaya November 3, 2022

¿Es posible con script runner?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders