Automate story linked to current Epic.

Marcel Huisman March 28, 2023

I like to create a simple automation to create stories underneat an Epic. I want to create the Stories manually when triggering the automation from an opened Epic. How can I make sure the stories are linked to the opened Epic from which I start the Automation?

2 answers

1 vote
Marcel Huisman March 30, 2023

Still not working... Created this automation, but nothing happens.
I guess this would create 2 Stories under the Epic from which I start this automation (from Action menu).
2023-03-30_17h31_58.png
Any Idea what is wrong??

0 votes
Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2023

Hi @Marcel Huisman ,

You can try with an Automatioin like this:

auto_link.JPG

Thanks I will try.. 

Like Juan Carlos Vera likes this

The "Then: Link issue to Trigger issue" is this to Link the newly creating Stories to the Epic in which I start the automation? What properties should I set for this component?

And at which point should I add the component to create the Stories? I guess under the Link component...

Thanks,

Marcel

Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2023

The link will be between EPIC and the Child Story that you have created inside the Epic.

You can inform only the Summary.. or all Fields that you need for Storys.

In the situation I need, I create an Epic and use the automation to create stories in this Epic. In de Automation you suggest, the created Stories are not linked to the Epic. So in the Story, the Epic link is still empty.

Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2023

Ok! I understand that you create the Story.

Then is something like this:

auto_link2.JPG

Marcel Huisman April 3, 2023

Still not working... Created this automation, but nothing happens.
I guess this would create 2 Stories under the Epic from which I start this automation (from Action menu).
2023-03-30_17h31_58.png
Any Idea what is wrong??

Marcel Huisman May 16, 2023

Fixed by using Copy from trigger issue..

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events