Autofill field Customer Request Type

Helen Porter November 1, 2019

Hello!
Is it possible to fill in a field value in a Service Desk project using the sil script? Autofill should be in the post-function.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2019

Hello Helen,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I believe you are trying to automatically update a field with a specific value when the issue is transitioned, by using a post function with a SIL script provided by Power Scripts App. Is that correct?

The Sil code for that will depend on which fields you are trying to update, but basically you would just need to set the field description/ID with the value you wan. Let me give you an example:

Supposing you would like to update your description when the issue is created, you should follow the steps below:

1 - Create your SIL Code with an editor with the following content:

description = "the value you want"

2 - Navigate to your project > Project Settings > Workflows > Edit > Click in the start transition of your workflow > Post function

3 - Add a SIL post function, selecting the script you created in step one

To know more about SIL post functions and more examples, please check the documentation below:

Power Scripts for JIRA 

Let me know if this information helps.

Helen Porter November 6, 2019

@Petter Gonçalves  

The Customer Request Type field has several values. The task is to populate the Customer Request Type field relative to the value in another field. An example of my SIL Code:

if(customfield_15503 == "Jira"){

customfield_10230 = "Jira (Project)";

}

But the value "Jira (Project)" is not put in the Customer Request Type field (customfield_10000).

Suggest an answer