Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Auto-close ticket due to inactivity

Hi,

I want to set up a rule using Automation that closes an Issue due to Inactivity from reporter, and status is in Waiting for customer.

I have set up an SLA for this so it will send a reminder after 5 days, and then if the customer still hasn't replyed, we till close the ticket due to inactivity after 7 days.

Skärmavbild 2022-05-16 kl. 15.04.51.pngThe problem i'm facing is that on our Resolution screen we have a custom field, that I can't set using the Choose fields to set option, so the rule fails.

Skärmavbild 2022-05-16 kl. 15.07.54.png

The custom field that I want to set is called Component categorization, so for that it seems like I have to use the advanced section, which I assume is the JSON field at the bottom of the screen, but that's to advanced for me, and I cant seem to make it work. 

Skärmavbild 2022-05-16 kl. 15.11.34.png

I'm thinking it might be better to set all the fields using the JSON field so they will be set in the right order. Any suggestions how I should set this up to make it work the way I want?

2 answers

1 vote

Hi, @Mattias Haukebö 

If you want to auto-close tickets due to inactivity, I can recommend you to try the SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on where you can set the SLA time limit. If time runs out, the task will be closed. 

You can see on the screen below how it looks like:

comment.jpg

Hope it helps. 

By the way, this add-on is created by my SaaSJet team, so if you have any questions, I’m ready to help you.

Hi @Mattias Haukebö ,

In answer to your question regarding the "advanced" part. I think the value should be changed with the following code in the "advanced" part.

{ 

"fields": {

"Component categorization" : { "value": "Jira - Arendehantering", "child": { "value" : "Auto-close after No Reply"} }

}

}

Regards, Marco

Great! I'll give it a go and see if it works.

Like # people like this

Ok,

So i'm getting some errors in the audit log as you can see below. 

Skärmavbild 2022-05-17 kl. 11.33.09.png

I guess the message is referring to these values?

{"self":"https://kicks.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/customFieldOption/10023","value":"Low","id":"10023"}]},"customfield_10112":{"required":false,"schema":{"type":"option-with-child","custom":"com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:cascadingselect","customId":10112},"name":"Component categorization","key":"customfield_10112","operations":

{"self":"https://kicks.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/customFieldOption/10353","value":"Jira - Ärendehantering","id":"10353","children":

{"self":"https://kicks.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/customFieldOption/11441","value":"Auto-close efter No reply","id":"11441"}]},

How do I apply these to the code snippet?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,113 views 34 44
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you