Auto-assign using table

In Heo April 25, 2024

I want to auto-assign tickets using bigquery table or google spreadsheet using jira automation. is it feasible? of course i could build a rule manually in automation rule builder, but it's time consuming as there are so many conditions and data. so i want to confirm whether we could auto-assign tickets using external data in jira automation.

2 answers

1 vote
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2024

HI @In Heo ,

I haven't seen this in the jira automation where you can read from a query table or any table like structure to retrieve a data set.

Here's a post with a similar question on the topic. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Does-Jira-have-the-ability-to-pull-data-from-a-table/qaq-p/2316092

You may need to look further into marketplace add on to achieve your needs.

Hope this helps

In Heo April 25, 2024

Thank you, seems like i could use lookup table for alternatives but still didn't figure out how to do it using it. could you elaborate the details of look up table?

using lookup table containing item / person, if issue.item equals to item in lookup table, i want to assign the ticket to the dedicated person

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2024

You would need to try out. one of the marketplace add-ons. Based on the post, you can try the elements connect add-on. You should be able to install a 30 day trial and use it. Here's the documentation link:

https://doc.elements-apps.com/elements-connect-cloud?_gl=1*1smgwfp*_ga*MTI3NDU0Mjk0LjE2MTc2NTMxNDM.*_ga_HJC3H9BN8B*MTcxNDEwNTk5Ni4xLjEuMTcxNDEwNjc1Ni4wLjAuMA..

0 votes
Thomas Opiolka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2024

Hi @In Heo ,

In addition to the apps already mentioned, you might consider trying "External Data for Jira Fields." This app enables you to connect to a Google Spreadsheet and use a dependent field to automatically assign tickets based on external conditions.

I hope this helps.

Please remember, the marketplace offers additional options that might suit your needs, which you can find through a search. I should mention that I am collaborating with the vendor of the app I recommended.

Best regards,

Thomas

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events