Auto Closure of Incident tickets (On-Demand)

Mohamed Mubasheer August 20, 2014

Hi Team,

We are looking for some FREE plugin to get all incidents which are in Resolved state should auto close after x number of days without running any JQL or script.

Please advice..

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2014

Hi Mohamed,

Have you tried to configure a post-function on the workflow that you are using?

Cheers!

Mohamed Mubasheer August 22, 2014

Hi Elisa,

I don't see any post fucntion which provides auto closure option. below are the list..lemme know which option you referring to.

Assign to Current User - Assigns the issue to the current user if the current user has the 'Assignable User' permission.

Assign to Lead Developer - Assigns the issue to the project/component lead developer.

Assign to Reporter - Assigns the issue to the reporter.

Clear Field Value - Clear value of a given field.

Copy Value From Other Field - Copies the value of one field to another, either within the same issue or from parent to sub-task.

Create Crucible Review Workflow Function - Creates a Crucible review for all unreviewed code for this issue

Create Perforce Job Function - Creates a Perforce Job (if required) after completing the workflow transition.

Notify HipChat - Send a notification to one or more HipChat rooms.

Push To Remote System - Pushes a JIRA issue to a remote system as a new object.

Send for Fix Verification - Sends the associated Applause bug for verification.

Trigger a Webhook - If this post-function is executed, JIRA will post the issue content in JSON format to the URL specified.

Update Issue Custom Field - Updates an issue custom field to a given value.

Update Issue Field - Updates a simple issue field to a given value.

Thanks!

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2014

Hi!

Try using the update issue field. :)

Mohamed Mubasheer August 22, 2014

the closet option i found is "Resolution" and its use for resolving the issue. But, am looking for option which auto close the resolved incident after x number of days.

Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2014

I would like to know this also. I can do a bulk change but, I would prefer this to be automated.

Sumona Dhara March 27, 2023

Any update on this please? I would also like to know how to get Issues Auto-Closed from Resolved Status after x number of days.

Suggest an answer