Auditing tables?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

We had two issues occur this morning (never happened before and both occurred within 30 minutes of one another)

1. Someone completed a sprint that shouldn't have
  2. A board got deleted that shouldn't have

We are trying to find out who did this or how it could have happened; especially since the board's owner and myself (as an admin) were working in the board at the time it got deleted.

There do not seem to be any system tools available in the UI to know who did these actions. When we went to the database, we could not locate any auditing information (what user and when) for these actions either.

I'm hoping that we overlooked a db table as I cannot image such actions not being auditing or tracking such information. Does anyone know how I might query the db to pull:

1. Who completed a specific sprint
  2. Who deleted a specific rapid board

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2013

Hey there, Karie.

As GreenHopper does not have any trace of anyone who performs the actions that you have mentioned, it might be quite hard to retrieve the data. One of the only ways that I can think of is via access-log (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/User+access+logging). Not sure whether it is recorded in the database in any way.

Apart from that, you might want to consider the usage of third-party plugin in the future such as:

Hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer