Attachments Digital Signature Disappear

Kathleen M Crocker January 14, 2022

I am attaching digitally signed documents in Jira, but when our auditors pull the documents as artifact, the signatures are gone.  Can someone tell me why, or how I stop this from happening?  I then have to go pull all the artifacts from my laptop and email them the signed documents which wastes too much time.

Any help is appreciated.

K Crocker

3 answers

0 votes
Johnny Mon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2023

Hi @Kathleen M Crocker

I just want to let you know there is a feature request created for this: JRASERVER-65830.  It is gaining momentum with upvotes and is set to High priority.  It'll great if users can add their use-case and business impact to the ticket to gain even more traction. 

Please refer to our  Atlassian Data Center and Server Bug Fix Policy for details on how issues are prioritized.

Regards,
Johnny

Heinrich Graupner August 23, 2023

Hello @Johnny Mon 

The ticket I see has been resolved but only for server. Is there an update for cloud pending? As the problem persists in Cloud. 

Regards

Heinrich

Johnny Mon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2023

Hi Heinrich,

There is no update for the problem in Jira Cloud bug, JRACLOUD-74522.  This ticket's status was changed to 'Future Consideration' in April. 

Please vote and add your business use case to the ticket.  Also, for those who are migrating to Jira Cloud, adding the impact of this problem during the migration will help Product Management when triaging tickets.

Regards,
Johnny

0 votes
Martin Flury September 2, 2022

We have the exact same situation with our digital signed PDF domuments.

Opening them with the PDF viewer from the browser does not show the signatuer, eventhough it is there.
Downloading the PDF and opening it, with such as Adober Acrobat Reader, the signatuer is visible.

So the problem seems to be the PDF viewer which just can not handle this signatures.

I didn't have time to find a solution for the browser PDF viewer yet.
As long as it is a visibility problem of the browser viewer only ...

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

Hi @Kathleen M Crocker ,

Possibly the attachments in Jira still contain the signatures.  However when the auditors view them in their web browser in Jira, the web browser does not display the signatures.  You could try to download the attached pdf, and then open locally with your normal pdf software.  Then the signatures should "reappear".

Suggest an answer