Atlassian domain verification - active accounts

Rocsana Chereches March 4, 2021

Hi everyone,

I have verified my domain in order to check how many active accounts I have. The problem is that some people that have left the company and I have deleted their accounts (from user management) still appear as 'Active'. This worries me for 2 reasons:

1. Because I don't know how to delete them from the system and it is not very good for security reasons to have active accounts of people that are no longer with the organisation

2. If I want to enable Atlassian Access (which I plan to do in the future for SSO) then I will have to pay for accounts of people that are no longer with the org. 

My first question is; does anyone know how to permanently delete accounts of users so that they do not appear active in the domain accounts export? I am interested to do this for Jira, Bitbucket, Trello and Confluence.

My second question is: when I exported the accounts list, I see 35 accounts, however, under Directory->Domain I can see 42 accounts to claim. However I do the math, doesn't seem right. Do you have any idea why that is?

Thank you

Rocsana

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

Hi @Rocsana Chereches ,

to deactivate an account (or delete it), it must be done from the Directory -> Managed Account screen, not from the User screen.

Here you will be able to select an account and mark it as deactivated, and it won't count as an Atlassian Access license.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for this.

I am going into the managed accounts section under directory, however I cannot see any accounts as it tells me the domain needs to be verified and when I click on 'verify domain' it takes me to the domain page where I can see clearly that my domain has been verified. I have not claimed the accounts yet, is that a mandatory step to finalise domain verification?

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

Hi @Rocsana Chereches , 

yes the account claim is the last step in the domain verification. You should be aware that this will trigger an email communication to all these accounts saying that their Atlassian accounts are now managed.

Thanks Alexis,

I had it the other way around, I did not want to claim the accounts until I have deleted the inactive ones. Guess Atlassian doesn't work like this!

Thanks for all your help!

Rocsana

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events