Atachments not cloned

Kamil Askerov March 28, 2024

Hi. My automation for cloning comment and atachment working good. But some atachments not cloning. F e some photos. What can be problem? atach.png

1 answer

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2024

Hi @Kamil Askerov 

Would you please clarify the symptom you are observing?  And please include an image of the audit log details for when the rule does not work as you expected.

For example...

Do you mean the specific attachments added with the comment are not the only ones copied to the linked issues?  If so, that appears to be a known issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AUTO-329

Kind regards,
Bill

Kamil Askerov April 2, 2024

@Bill Sheboy thank you for responce. If i not write comments atachments not copied to linked issue. How I can resolve this? Tell the client to write some comments ? But thay not write all time comment when add atach fayl.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2024

I do not understand your explanation.  Do you mean:

When I add a comment with attachments
Then the attachments are not copied to another issue.

If that is the case, the defect I noted is the problem.

If it is something else, please work with your Jira Site Admin to submit a ticket to Atlassian for support: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Kamil Askerov April 2, 2024

@Bill Sheboy  No, when I add the comment and attachment file. The attachment file is copied. When I add attachment file without comment the attachment file not copied. Dosnt understand why that way. 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2024

Thank you for clarifying!

The rule you show is triggered on Issue Commented, and so only works with attachments added during commenting.

To also copy comments when they are added without a comment, you could try a second rule, triggered on Issue Field Changed for attachment.  I have not tried that to learn how it handles copying the same attachments if they already exist...and the special handling needed for attachment delete from the trigger issue.

Like Kamil Askerov likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events