Assignee not receiving email notifications when Help Desk ticket is submitted

Hunter Trahan February 8, 2018

In Request Types, I have added the field Assignee to our request, and added the preset value to one of our users.

Looking on the Notifications tab, I have it set to send a notification to the Reporter and the Current Assignee whenever an Issue is created. 

When a ticket is created, my user is being assigned the to the issue, but is not receiving an email notification. The Reporter is receiving the email notification.

One thing to note: My assignee has the Outlook for JIRA plugin installed. I don't think this is interfering with the notification but I think it is important to add in case there's something I don't know. We have checked her plugin settings and it's set to show all notifications.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

1 answer

2 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2018

Hi @Hunter Trahan

First I would look at their personal notification settings. Second I'd ask them to look in their junk mail or make sure they don't have a filter to filter Jira notifications out.

Are the personal notification settings under Profile > Preferences ?

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2018

Yes. But after a little more research it does not look like you can modify that much info. 

Here's the personal preference settings for the user:

Like # people like this
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2018

I'd also look at the Users & Roles to ensure they are a part of the Service Desk team. Without being able to see your instance it's difficult to make the recommendation. :) sorry 

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2018

The image is not showing up @Hunter Trahan

I currently have her set to the role of a Service Desk Team member.  

Oops, sorry about that.

Here are the relevant settings:

Email Type: HTML

My changes: Do not notify me (Where to email notifications of any changes you make)

Sharing: Unshared

Autowatch: Inherit from global settings

Like Loic Coriton likes this
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2018

Hey @Hunter Trahan

Within your notifications settings, click on Notification Helper on the top right and type in the user and you see the below. I should have thought about this sooner! Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 3.47.38 PM.png 

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 3.49.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-08 at 3.48.35 PM.png

@Brittany Wispell This helps a lot! Seems like JIRA is telling me that she's receiving notifications upon the creation of an issue. We will see if it has something to do with her Outlook.

Thanks for the help!

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2018

You're welcome! Good luck :)

Suggest an answer