Assignee-Based Team Automation for Advanced Roadmaps and Automation for JIRA

Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2020

I got the below request from my Product Manager and I am curious if anyone has any experience that might allow me to do this in Automation for JIRA?

Team Based Automation - Operations - Confluence 2020-11-30 20-04-25.png

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2020

I believe you should be able to do this but it might be fairly tedious if you have a lot of teams. First, I am assuming you have a custom field called Teams and I also assume that you have groups defined in User management each team. If so you could create an automation that triggers on assignee changing and using a JQL condition like - assignee in membersof(“group name”). You would use an if/else block to handle each team and set the Team field if the condition is met. 

Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2020

Hi Jack, 

Thanks for the response

Teams is not a custom field, it is a field that was provided by Advanced Roadmaps. 

Additionally, I was not able to do the JQL for member of Teams, this feature only seems to work for groups, which I guess I can setup, but will require double work on my part to maintain the users in the Teams as well as maintaining the users in the groups. But I guess this seems like my only option for now, which I will give a shot. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2020

I see. I don't have Premium which has AR so don't have experience w/ the notion of Teams. I found a couple of articles in the Atlassian docs but wasn't very helpful around this topic. You might scour the Atlassian docs a bit and see if it helps.

Good Luck!!

Like Jeffrey Bistrong likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events