'Assign to specific person' option missing in Add Rule within a Next Gen project workflow

Jon_Butler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2019

Hello

I setup a number of projects up about 6 months ago to manage some workflows and was able to set a rule that assigns a task to specific users as it moved between swimlanes / through the workflow.

After some changes to our business processes, this workflow needs amendments and the tasks need to be assigned to different people who are set within the project. However, the only options available to me are:

• The reporter
  • The current user
  • No one (Clear the assignee field)

According to this page, I should have 4 options. This is also consistent with my memory of how I set these projects up orginally. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/overview-of-available-next-gen-board-rules-953138804.html

• The reporter, usually the person who created it
  • The current user, or the person updating the issue's status
  • No one, making the issue unassigned
  • A specific person in your project

The Specific Person option is not available to choose now. Looking at the other projects, I can see the old rules still available which assigns the task to a specific individual, but I can no longer edit them. 

What has happened? Any help will be gratefully received 

Regards

Jon

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2019

Hi Jon,

The Speciffic user setting should disply any user that is a member of the project under the "Project Settings >> People" section that are listed as "Members" or "Admins" of the project, and they would show up like this:

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 4.02.00 PM.png

It sounds like you may have the project set to Private, under the "Project Settings >> Details >> Access" and no users listed as members in the people section, can you check to see if this is the case?

Regards,
Earl

Jon_Butler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2019

Hi Earl, I appreciate your response.

I am a little bit confused as when going to manage rules now, the list of people (as your screen cap shows) are available. Before, they were not showing up at all. 

I have changed nothing on this project since this post, so something, somewhere changed. 

Anyway, problem has now solved itself. I really appreciate the response

Thanks

Jon

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer