Assign to a specific user 1 when created by a specific user 2

Matthias Catherine November 23, 2015

Hello,

A question for you.

I'd like to automatically assign to a specific user "1" all the ticket created by a specific user "2". Other user should be able to assign their tickets to whoever they want. I've tried to find a way to do that in the post functions but so far I'm hitting a wall.

Thnaks 

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Sorensen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2015

I would do this in a script set to "validate" the record on creation. 

If the Reporter is specific user "2" then Assignee is specific user "1"

Matthias Catherine November 23, 2015

Hello Mike, Thanks for the answer. I'm using the Cloud version of Jira (No Script Runner), do you know how i can implement scripts ? Thx

Mike Sorensen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2015

How about a transition that validates if Assignee is user 2, is set to run automatically, and has a post function of assigning to user 1. Automatic running of transitions is something I've done regularly but not with cloud version and I had to be administrator to start it because I had to edit the XML version of the workflows.

Suggest an answer