Assign multiple values based on labels when issue is created

Katrina Pambid April 29, 2024

I would like to create an automation where in when issue is created, ill assign a value in multiple select field based on labels

For example

Labels: label1, label2, label3

Category: cat1, cat2, cat3

If a newly created issue have "label1" it should have "cat1" - this is straight forward

If a newly created issue have "label1" and "label2", it should have "cat1" and "cat2".

Any suggestions on how to do this is jira automation rule?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2024

Hi @Katrina Pambid 

What have you done thus far to solve this need?

If you have created a rule and it is not working as expected, please post images of the complete rule, the audit log details, the edit issue action, and explain what does not work.  These will provide context for the community to offer suggestions.

If you have not started a rule yet, I recommend trying to do so.  Successfully using automation requires learning and experimentation.  When one uses rules created by others without understanding them, they will be unable to maintain and improve them in the future.

To get you started on your rule, I suggest your rule could use conditional logic or repeated if / else blocks (or branches) to select the values for the multiple-select custom field.

Additionally, you will need to clarify your scenario to understand what happens when:

• the multiple-select field already has values selected when the issue is created
  • there are no labels when the issue is created
  • the labels are manually changed after issue created
  • the values of the multiple-select field are manually changed after the issue is created

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events