Assign multiple 'Project Roles' for workflow transition ---- NOT WORKING

Tauqir Rao October 17, 2019

I have assigned 'Project Role' for workflow transition in two cases: 

1. I assign one project role at a time i. e 'developer' OR 'scrum master'. In this scenario transition button is visible on issue page, for both roles.

oneRole.PNG

2. I assign two project role at same time i.e 'developer' AND 'scrum master'. In this scenario transition button is invisible on issue page, for both roles.

twoRoles.PNG

I have make sure to publish changes so that's not the reason behind this.

Kindly correct me what I am doing wrong OR what I am missing here.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2019

Hello @Tauqir Rao

Looks like you have set it up correctly except for one thingimage.pngYou have to change from "All of the following conditions" to "Any of the following conditions". This is done by clicking on the arrow in the red circle as shown in the image. The difference is that All conditions means that a users need to be in both Scrum Master AND Developer and any means that a user needs to be in Scrum Master OR Developer.

Hope that solves your issue! :-)

Tauqir Rao October 18, 2019

Wow. It working.  Thanks Alexander Ling!

Like Alexander Ling likes this
0 votes
Michael Wohlgemuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2019

Greetings @Tauqir Rao ,

your conditions are currently AND joined, which means a user needs to be in both roles to execute the transition. You should click on the little arrow next to "All of the following conditions" and change that to "One of the following conditions" (may be worded differently, i use jira in german :) ) which then behaves like a OR join and should provide the functionality you need.

regards

Tauqir Rao October 18, 2019

Thanks Michael @Michael Wohlgemuth  , its working NOW.

Suggest an answer