Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Assign Sprint Value on Post

I'm trying to `set issue fields post-function` using the JMWE tool. I have a conditional value set to look at the team an issue is assigned to. I know the following;

If the team is set to Bugs; then the Product Lead is Tobey M, and the board that they use to manage their sprints is "originBoardId": 18 (This is a known value extracted from JIRA rest/api/2/expression/eval) That payload looks like 

"board": {
            "id"9563,
            "self""https://XXXX.atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/sprint/322",
            "state""active",
            "name""Bugs_01-03-22_01-17-22",
            "startDate""2022-01-03T13:41:08.159Z",
            "endDate""2022-01-17T18:50:00.000Z",
            "originBoardId"18,
}
I want to pass board(18).id into the sprint field as a post action so that it is automatically added to the board/sprint but I'm not sure of the syntax. I cannot call an existing issue as there would be no static issues assigned to a sprint that never close. 

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Ryan Geddings 

I'm not sure I quite understand your requirements. To which Sprint are you trying to assign the issue? The active Sprint of board 18? And is 18 a fixed board id?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

612 views 21 25
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you