Are there forecasting reports?

Ben Butler September 22, 2022

I want a report that forecasts when future work will get done based on historical data. Ideally such that each backlog item would have an identifiable date range. What are my options for this?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2023

Hi @Ben Butler  - Did Mark's response answer your question? 

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

Hi @Ben Butler and welcome to the community!

My two favorite native project reports for this are:

• Epic Burndown - This will give you a sense based upon historic velocity on when the Epic is expected to complete.
  • Version Report - Many people think that releases are strictly for "releasing".  However, you can also look at them as milestones.  Set the FixVersion on all issues you're tracking and then after a sprint or two, you'll get a very powerful report that provides a burn-up, scope that was added after the release started and a bar that shows the pessimistic to optimistic range of when the issues in that release are set to complete.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events