Are there different Board views of displaying sub tasks?

Alexander Mattner March 28, 2023

Hi, 

I am a new Jira Admin and am wondering whether there are different views of displaying subtask on the Kanban board. 

My subtasks are showing and its all fine, but if I have a longer list of different subtasks it takes up a lot of space if they are still all in the same status. Meaning my team members have to scroll down a lot etc. 

I know the ideas of subtasks and I think they are a great help, but I am just wondering if there might be some kind of "Board - List view" for subtasks that already addresses this inconvenience. Or maybe an experienced user has a workaround? :) Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-28 um 11.13.01.png

Thanks in advance. 

Cheers

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

Hi @Alexander Mattner , welcome to the community.

One possibility would be to create a quick filter to hide the subtasks when you don't wish to see them. The other consideration is to change the board filter to not include subtasks at all. There are other means of dealing with long lists, but it really comes down to your requirements and what you want to be able to do. In other words, do you want them just gone completely from your board view or do you want to just simply hide them when you're not interested in seeing them. Another scenario is certain members wanna see them and certain members do not. This is where a quick filter is useful in my opinion. Another scenario would be to create a different board giving you one board that displays subtasks and one that does not.

Alexander Mattner March 28, 2023

Thanks for the quick response. Perfekt. I think that's all I need. I will go with the quick filter. Thanks alot. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

Please consider excepting the answer if it works for you

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2023

I'm very fond of quick-filters like "issuetype not in subtaskissuetypes()".  It means no-one has to mess around with the filter when people change the issue type list for their project.

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Alexander Mattner March 29, 2023

thanks. I will try it out

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders