Are there any updated tutorials on how to build a job plugin?

Luca Andreatta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020

Hi,

I need to build a custom job inside Jira as a plugin, but the only tutorial that I have found is this one:

But it is based on a 2012 project.

Is there anyone that can help me to build something better?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luca Andreatta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2020

Ok, I found an interesting example in "JIRA Development Cookbook - Third Edition" book, in chapter 11 to write a service in Jira.

In Jira you can create a job or a service with a plugin. A job is configured directly in the class, instead the service is added and configured from the System > Service page.

The example of the service plugin can be found in this GitHub repository:

N.B.: if you want to install it in Jira 8, before packaging it,  you have to modify the pom.xml import-package section with:

• *;version="0";resolution:=optional
0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2020

Hi @Luca Andreatta 

You may want to also post your question (or search) in the Developer Community:

https://community.developer.atlassian.com

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer