Are there any other options outside of Issue Collectors for people to submit tickets?

Linda Noonan April 28, 2023

We currently use the Aha app for our "Ideas" portal and we're wanting to start using Jira for Ideas instead of Aha.  We're wondering if there are any other options outside of issue collectors for people to submit ideas to us?  

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Issue collectors are a block of javascript that Jira can write for you that give you something you can embed in another application.

There are loads of other ways to do it, but they all come down to "code that issues a REST call to Jira to create/edit the issue".  A lot of applications have built-in or installable add-ons that simplify this, but for those that do not, you need to be able to code something into them that can make a REST call.

Linda Noonan May 1, 2023

I will look into that.  I also had someone from Atlassian Support mention ReVitalized Issue Collector & I'll research that too.  Thanks!

Like Andy Boltax likes this
1 vote
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2023

Hi @Linda Noonan 

Assuming you have Confluence as well as Jira, there are a variety of quite good Jira forms for Confluence on Atlassian Marketplace. I have used those in the past on server and now on Cloud. They work quite well.

Linda Noonan May 1, 2023

Unfortunately we don't have Confluence yet, we're hopefully getting it soon though.  

Like Andy Boltax likes this
Andy Boltax June 22, 2023

@Mike Rathwell Would you be able to suggest any specific options from the Marketplace? Thanks!

Suggest an answer