Are there JQL functions for 'sprintCommitted()' and sprintDelivered()?

Gil Carroll August 13, 2020

I cannot find these, but I imagine they are used in the velocity report.

Are there JQL functions for 'sprintCommitted()' and sprintDelivered()?

Pseudo code:

team in (112) and sprint in (555) //columns are committed vs delivered

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2020

Hi @Gil Carroll 

I am assuming you mean the number of issues (or sum of story points) which were committed when the sprint started, and the number/sum which were completed when the sprint finished.

If so, the short answer is "no; there is no JQL to directly return this information".  JIRA appears to use the issue history to roll up the values based upon the sprint time-frame and what happened to the issue over time, such as scope changes and story point value changes.

There are probably marketplace add-ons which would support these concepts.  Alternatively, you could export the items and parse the Sprint field to determine what was added/finished and when.  You would still not have visibility to any changes to scope or story points with this work-around.

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
mpietro40 August 24, 2022

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but for each sprint you can use this query:

sprint=29244 AND issueFunction in aggregateExpression("Total time", "originalEstimate.sum()")

in order to know the total time estimated. (in my case Total time:26 weeks, 1 day)

With this query instead you can retrieve the remaining work for the same sprint

sprint=29244 AND issueFunction in aggregateExpression("Total remaining time", "remainingEstimate.sum()")

(in my case Total remaining time:2 weeks, 2 days, 3 hours)

Hope this can help, please mind to update the query with your sprint ID

0 votes
Amanda Kirk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2020

@Gil Carroll 

Can you expand a bit here?

What input would you be providing to the 'sprintCommitted()' and sprintDelivered() functions? What would be your expected output?

Gil Carroll August 17, 2020

Numbers, e.g like we committed to 50 points but delivered 40.

Amanda Kirk
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2020

One important distinction I believe you are not comprehending is that JQL returns a list of issues. Nothing else. You cannot have JQL return a numeric value or count.  What you can easily do is use the velocity chart to see committed vs delivered story points:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/view-and-understand-the-velocity-chart/

Gil Carroll August 18, 2020

Sure. I understand that, but the functionality is there is other similar languages, so I thought I'd check. Since it is there on the burn down chart, I figured it may be a function call.

Thanks for the reply!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events