Are required field mandatory for automated transitions?

Leonardo Sanchez July 9, 2018

hello everyone,

I'm trying to set up a transition that will make a field mandatory once is moved from status A to status B, however, on the same transition there is a trigger already that will automatically transition the status if "Automatically transitions the issue when a related branch is created in a connected repository". 

my question is this: will the automatic transition ignore the required field? or will it stop the automated transition from happening? I only want the field to be required when is manually transitioned. 

thank you. 

2 answers

0 votes
Leonardo Sanchez July 9, 2018

thank you. while waiting for the answer I found this post:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-questions/Create-branch-trigger-bypasses-post-function-custom-script-using/qaq-p/616701

which says "When a transition is triggered automatically, it ignores any conditions, validators or permissions configured on the transition."

this is what I want, but I don't have a sandbox to test. do you know if that is accurate/still current behavior?

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2018

Are you using a plugin to require the field during the transition? It sounds like you want the field to become mandatory when it REACHES status B. If during the transition, yes it will be required if the automated transition requires the field. 

Leonardo Sanchez July 11, 2018

thank you. while waiting for the answer I found this post:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-questions/Create-branch-trigger-bypasses-post-function-custom-script-using/qaq-p/616701

which says "When a transition is triggered automatically, it ignores any conditions, validators or permissions configured on the transition."

this is what I want, but I don't have a sandbox to test. do you know if that is accurate/still current behavior?

Suggest an answer