Are "forms" in Jira Work Management the same as forms in Jira Service Management (ProForma)?

Gail September 20, 2022

We are just starting to use Jira Work Management projects for our business teams.  JWM still has a few enhancements needed so we have held off in using these projects.

Question:

In JWM is the form the same as the ProForma forms in JSM?   I know it does not have any nesting/cascading in JWM.   

I know in JWM you use fields in your project scheme to drag onto the form and in JSM you create form fields with option to link to Jira field.   We would like to be able to create an automation rule that reads form data which again I don't know is possible.

EXAMPLE

Customer submits a JWM form that uses a multi-select dropdown.   We would like to be able to "read" the dropdown values chosen and automate creating linked issues to another project based on them.    

This may be a stretch, but it is worth an ask.   Also we DO NOT use any Marketplace add-ons in our Jira so it won't help if the suggestion includes using a recommended app.   That is company policy as I am the one and only admin and support person for all of Atlassian products.

Thanks Everyone.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Hi Gail,

No, these are very different forms. The JWM form is very simple and easy to create. ProForma forms with JSM are very robust and only available with JSM  right now.

Gail September 21, 2022

Thanks John.  That is what I had a feeling was the case.   If only we could have the ProForma functionality in JWM we would be perfect.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Agreed - hopefully will come one day. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events