Approvals in custom workflow

Mark Charles May 31, 2019

Greetings,

I've seen multiple versions of posts, some very old, and am unclear on whether I can use workflow approvals in a custom project workflow.  I'm using the Jira cloud version and my project type is: Business Project.  When I edit my workflow status boxes, I don't see the option to specify approvers.  

Some posts mention that the only project types that can use workflow approvals are Jira Service Desk.  Can anyone clarify?

Thanks
Mark

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2019

Hi! @Mark Charles !

out-of-box just Jira Service Desk projects have workflow approvals(here the article Setting up approvals).

you can use different plugins to do it in Business project, for example, Herzum Approval(Server).

Mark Charles May 31, 2019

Thanks Alexander.  I'm trying to create a custom Change Management process and was looking to have the Change Advisory Board members give their approval.  I'd rather not have to pay for all my Jira users inside Service Desk as well.  I'll check into plugins.

Mark

Suggest an answer