Application links

JuanPablo May 19, 2023

Hi just setup an additional application link for another tool, but does not seem to be working. 

I´m not able to set it as "PRIMARY" as I already have 3 others as PRIMARY. Could this be preventing for the 4rth one I added to work?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

Hello @juanpablo 

In what way exactly is it not working? Are you getting an error message? If so, what is that message?

JuanPablo May 20, 2023

hi, so I successfully connected Jira with Gantpro. I see it listed in the application links tab. But If I try to execute the connection, nothing happens. I'm wondering if it requires a mandatory thing to be set as "Primary"? Do you know if this could be a potential issue? 

I´m not able to set it as "PRIMARY" as I already have 3 others as PRIMARY. Could this be preventing the 4rth one I added to work properly?

Many thanks in advance Trudy. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2023

Can you provide a screen image of the application Links screen?

What steps are you executing when you say you are "executing the connection"? Can you provide screen images for that?

JuanPablo May 20, 2023

On Jira followed this steps: https://help.ganttpro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020656197-How-to-set-up-integration-with-JIRA-

And these are the steps in ganttpro (see 5 step attachments please)

once I click "allow in step 5" nothing happens, ganttpro doesnt show it like "connected"application links.pngstep 1.pngstep 2.pngstep 3.pngstep 4.pngstep5.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2023

Based on the document link you provided, you put in the wrong URL for GanttPro in step 4.

The document says to enter https://jiraapi.ganttpro.com.

Your image shows https://ganttpro.com.

Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 5.04.23 PM.png

JuanPablo May 21, 2023

Hi, so that image is from Gantpro but appears it's outdated. I followed the document and did put the right one. 

not sure if it's a Ganttpro issue. I´ll follow up with their support team. 
Thanks for your help Trudy.
image (64).png
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2023

It would be great if you can report back here what you learn, in case somebody else runs into the same problem.

JuanPablo May 24, 2023

Hi @Trudy Claspill hope you re well.

coming back to this. could you confirm If,

in application links, there´s a maximum of 3 applications to be set as "PRIMARY"? (attached image)

If got from ganttPRO that the application link needs to be labeled with "PRIMARY", but If I set it as primary, it will take away the label from other of the applications I have set as PRIMARY. 

Let me know your comments please. 

app link set as primary.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

According to the documentation:

"Make primary – specify a default instance if you have multiple links to the same type of application (for example, to multiple Jira servers)."

I do not know for sure, but I would guess that you can have only one link that says "Generic Application" set as primary.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events