Apple Shortcut: Unable to get field from provided name (Due date)

François Rousselet April 24, 2023

Hello,

I am doing a shortcut to get all my assigned issues and their due date. Unfortunately I am not able to retrieve it.

I tried `due_date`, `Due date` but it doesn't work.

In French, it fails with "La valeur fournie pour Nom du champ dans Obtenir la valeur du champ de ticket n'était pas valide." ('The value provided for Field Name in Get Ticket Field Value was invalid.')

Do you have any idea what field name I am supposed to request?

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Simon Stiefel
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2023

Hi François,

I assume you have set your Jira language to French in your Atlassian Account setting? In this case, the Due Date field is translated to "Date d'échéance". You should see the field have that name if you open the issue on the web.

The Shortcut action expects the field name as it is displayed on the web, so in your case it would need to look like this:

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 10.58.58 am.png

I hope this helps!

Simon

François Rousselet April 26, 2023

Hi @Simon Stiefel

Thanks for you reply.

My account is in French and as the application on my iPhone.

I tried with 'Date d'échéance' but same result. I also tried to put everything in English (US) but same result again.

IMG_1628.jpeg

Simon Stiefel
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2023

Hi @François Rousselet ,

Thanks for giving that a go. The next step would be to check if the Due Date field is visible in the Jira app for the issue you're trying to access. Can you see the Due Date field in the app?

Can you also please make sure you have the latest version of the app from the App Store please?

Thank you,

Simon

0 votes
Simon Stiefel
Atlassian Team
April 25, 2023

Hi François,

I assume you have set your Jira language to French in your Atlassian Account setting? In this case, the Due Date field is translated to "Date d'échéance". You should see the field have that name if you open the issue on the web.

The Shortcut action expects the field name as it is displayed on the web, so in your case it would need to look like this:

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 10.55.11 am.png

I hope this helps!

Simon

0 votes
Himanshi
Atlassian Team
April 24, 2023

Hello @François Rousselet , 

Welcome to the community!

I am not sure how you are trying to fetch the issues. 

My suggestion would be to fetch the issue from Advanced issue search using the JQL query :

project in (XYZ, ABC) AND assignee = XXXXX 

and then click on the column and select the due date . 

This would help you get the due date and issue in one place. You can save the filter to help you in future. 

I hope the information shared would have answered your query.

Have a great day :) 

François Rousselet April 24, 2023

Hello @Himanshi,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry if I was not clear. I’m not speaking about the Jira GUI, which I’m fine with, but with the Apple Shortcut integration.

Example (sorry for the French text) :

IMG_1619.jpeg

Suggest an answer