Any method to auto assign environment / labels upon sprint release ?

Riyan Bernardi March 1, 2020

Is there any plugin or existing method in jira where i can get label/environment auto assigned to a ticket upon releasing the ticket ? 

in summary this is what i'm trying to do

As a Scrum Master,

I want to be able to accurately & automatically assign deployment status to ticket when they are released

So that the team and stakeholder can have overall view on the improvement done on the sprint and what iteration have been made

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2020

Hello @Riyan Bernardi

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understood that, when a Sprint is completed in your site, you would like to add the issue related to those Sprints with a specific label. Is that correct?

Since post functions are only applied to workflow transitions, it is not possible to update Jira issues upon a Sprint release with this functionality. However, we've some good news:

Atlassian acquired the third-partner Codebarrel, which provides an automation app that allows you to achieve what you need.

The implementation of this app is being achieved in batches for Jira Cloud sites, so you can check under your Project settings if you already have the menu Project Automation:

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 14.39.07.png

If you already have it, you can create the following rule to properly add your issues with a specific label as soon as their related Sprint is completed:

Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 17.01.35.png

Let us know if you have any questions or if you were not able to find the mentioned menu.

Riyan Bernardi March 3, 2020

Hi Peter, thanks for your help. I found the menu but i can't seems to find automation i need upon pressing release.

I might be on the wrong spot, but i need to automate fixVersion release button to apply certain environment for accurate tracking purpose.

Thanks in advance

temp1.PNG

temp2.PNG

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2020

Hello @Riyan Bernardi

Thank you for your answer.

Now I understand that you would like to add your issues with a specific Environment their related fix version is released, in case they have their labels contains PassedUAT or passedUAT. Is that correct?

I believe you might be able to do it by creating a branch rule to apply the changes only to the issues in the version that triggered the automation, like in the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 11.41.15.png

Let us know if it works for you.

Riyan Bernardi March 4, 2020

Hi @Petter Gonçalves 

it works, Thank you very much for your help.

Suggest an answer