Any event can trigger while Opening Issue

Sivarama Krishna
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2020

We hae a plan to integrate(Sync) one project between different JIRA instances.

We can able to proceed upto some extent by using API. (Feetching from one instance and update in another instance).

This we are able to proceed with some scheduled scripts.

Now our requirement is to check whether any possibility to RUN some scripts while opening the JIRA Issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Sivarama

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2020

Hi @Sivarama Krishna ,

Where would you like to run these scripts? Local python/powershell scripts? Or do you want them to run within your instance?

Are you already using some addon to script? Otherwise I can suggest Scriptrunner from Adaptavist and there you can create a "job/listener" which runs on the issue created event. (for example)

Sivarama Krishna
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2020

Thank you @Dirk Ronsmans 

This works when creatinging the ticket.

I would like to trigger event while "View".

As soon as I try to open the issue over web, I need to trigger some scripts.

Is there any possibility?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

Hi @Sivarama Krishna ,

Capturing the opening of an issue (viewing it) is not something that is supported.

There is no way to capture that event.

What would be the use case? Can you give an example of a script that would need to run? Maybe we can find an alternative/workaround.

Suggest an answer