Any changes in User Story, or Acceptance Criteria aren't saved

leander_huth September 22, 2020

Hi, 
I'm a bit lost. 
So when I write a user story and save it it's gone. If I just tap into the field again and save, without typing it again, it appears, but only for me. All others in my scrum team can't see it. When I refresh the whole page, it's gone for me too. 
Same is for other fields. 
Sometimes it works but in 95% it does not. Any idea what could cause this problem? 

**Edit** Changes are seen after 5-10 minutes sometimes...

2 answers

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2020

@leander_huth  @Sara Ford

Thank you very much for the details provided.

I followed the same configuration steps that you mentioned and I was able to properly reproduce the problem, so I reported a new bug to properly fix this behavior:

Custom Text fields not getting updating with the inline edit in the old issue view 

Feel free to vote and watch the bug to increase its priority and also receive notifications about its fix implementation.

For now, you can work around the problem by using the issue detail view provided by your project board (As previously pointed by @leander_huth) or click on the edit button of the issue view to use the edit issue screen instead of the inline editing:
Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 13.14.54.png

Let us know if you have any questions.

0 votes
Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 22, 2020

Please share a screenshot of how/where you enter the data. 

Cheers,
Jack

leander_huth September 23, 2020

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-23 um 10.40.50.png

Deleted user September 23, 2020

I've observed the same behavior.  we make changes to the acceptance criteria during refinement, then click the 'check' to save changes, and they do not immediately display.  if i refresh in a couple minutes, they are sometimes there.  image.png

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2020

Hello @[deleted] and @leander_huth

Thank you for reaching out.

By the screenshots provided, I believe that you might be talking about different editors. Please, provide us with the information below so we can further troubleshoot the problem:

1. Are you using any third-party app to add your acceptance criteria or is that just a custom field created?
  2. Can you confirm if the same problem reproduces on a different browser in incognito mode?
  3. Could you please provide us with a video reproducing the behavior and properly hiding the issue content?

Let us know if you have any questions.

leander_huth September 25, 2020

hello @Petter Gonçalves 

1. No, just a custom field

2. Yes, different browsers and incognito mode, even on different computers and user and mobile.. so in fact it doesn't work for the whole company.

3. https://www.loom.com/share/fbe80c3123ff4af89d137d7277e86a37

4. It was working just fine the last 10 month... it started last week

EDIT:  Changing those fields from the backlog in the sidebar works without any issues

Sara Ford
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 1, 2020

I am having the same issue...started last week.  When I edit something in the Acceptance Criteria field and press the check mark to save, it does not display the changes.  If i do it a second time, sometimes the changes will appear, but when accessing the JIRA later, they are no longer there.  You can see in the history tab the information being added over and over, but it doesn't actually show in the acceptance criteria field.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events