An issue has been created but is not visible. WHY?!

I'm in a JIRA trial and really want to like JIRA, but it's driving me crazy.

Can someone help me understand why after creating an issue on a project I would get an error that says:

An issue has been craeted but it is not visible.

I assigned it to a sprint... shouldn't I see it on the board?

I don't get it.

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Look at the filter that the board is using - the usual problem for what you are seeing is that the board filter excludes the issues you are creating for some reason.

The board only has two Quick Filters... "Only My Issues" and "Recently Updated', neither of which are highlighted or ON.

Is that what you mean? If so, any other ideas?

Hi Jason,

Is the issue visible in the project? Does the project summary page show that there is one issue in it?

Here's how you can get to the project's summary page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Browsing+a+Project's+Summary

GOT IT! Thanks. I'm slowly learning JIRA. I really appreciate the help. :-)

For anyone who lands here searching for something similar - the quick filters are for display, toggling on and off during day-to-day usage. The problem was (I think) in the filter that tells us what to include on the board overall. Board -> Admin -> Config

The board only has to Quick Filters... "Only My Issues" and "Recently Updated', neither of which are highlighted or ON.

Is that what you mean? If so, any other ideas?

Hi Jason,

I hope you found an answer to your inquiry, but if not, I ran into this issue today with a customer and was able to figure it out. The customer who had this issue had not mapped any statuses to the columns on his board. This meant that the customer could search and find the issues, but was unable to see them in the board.

To resolve this, you will need to map the issues to the associated columns. Please see the document titled Configuring Columns for more information on this.

Best regards,

Eric Franklin

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,479 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you