An error occurred with jira using pgpool

zempty0 December 13, 2019

When a jira back-end database USES postgresql and USES pgpool, jira encounters 500 internal errror every once in a while

jira logs:

Caused by: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT NODE_STATE, TIMESTAMP, IP, CACHE_LISTENER_PORT, NODE_BUILD_NUMBER, NODE_VERSION FROM public.clusternode WHERE NODE_ID=? (An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.jdbc.SQLProcessor.executeQuery(SQLProcessor.java:533)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDAO.select(GenericDAO.java:622)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDAO.select(GenericDAO.java:591)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericHelperDAO.findByPrimaryKey(GenericHelperDAO.java:105)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.findByPrimaryKey(GenericDelegator.java:617)
at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizDelegator.findByPrimaryKey(DefaultOfBizDelegator.java:341)
... 29 more
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:333)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.executeInternal(PgStatement.java:441)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.execute(PgStatement.java:365)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgPreparedStatement.executeWithFlags(PgPreparedStatement.java:155)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgPreparedStatement.executeQuery(PgPreparedStatement.java:118)

2 answers

0 votes
zempty0 December 24, 2019

hi Peter,

Thanks for your response.I have solve it,this is because the database connection reached the limit I set.

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2019

Hello @zempty0

Sorry to hear you are facing this problem.

Per the details in your logs, I believe you must be facing a problem in the hardware of your database server or network failure, caused by a firewall or connection issues.

Please, check the logs in PostgreSQL to confirm if that's the case, as mentioned in the documentation below:

Getting a PSQLException Error 'An IO error occurred while sending to the backend' Due to Corrupt Postgres Database 

Also, refer to the answers provided in the question below to further troubleshoot possible connection issues:

PostgreSQL Exception: “An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend” 

If the provided information didn't help, could you please provide us if you noticed any kind of actions that might be triggering the error? Also, is any information returned in the PostgreSQL logs?

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer