An User does not receive the invitation mail

Yichen Liu January 26, 2022

Hi,

We have added a new user to our Jia and Confluence sites and have sent an invitation email to the user. It seems that the user does not receive any invitation email from Jira. We tried it several times, also with deleting and adding the user into the group again. Still it did not work. 

We have also contacted the email service provider, there isn't any problems with receiving external mails lately. Could you please check why this is causing issue? 

Thanks in advance!

4 answers

3 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

Hi @Yichen Liu  - I would open a support ticket with Atlassian to see if the email address has been blacklisted with Atlassian. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2022

Hi @Yichen Liu ,

I've checked our mail records for your domain and found an address recently bounced with this error from your organization's mail server:

550: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

This may have occurred if the first invite to the user (dated January 18) was sent before the user's mailbox was completely set up. I've cleared the error from our mail service. The invite will need to be resent from the user admin page.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Yichen Liu January 28, 2022

Thank you for the support and information about the issue, the user has received the invitation after resending. :)

Best Regards,

Yichen

Like John Funk likes this
Agata Wijaczka February 20, 2022

Hi, @Daniel Eads we have a similiar issue and sounds like it could be the very same reason email was never received. 

I've tried using the contact form, but keep getting an error message there for a week now.... Would you be able to help?

Webmaster March 20, 2022

@Daniel Eads can you do the same for giuliathelabel.atlassian.com (user plgaudreau) please ?

Agata Wijaczka March 27, 2022

@Webmaster 

If you're able to submit a ticket on https://support.atlassian.com/contact, I'd suggest doing so. I kept getting an error, and therefore commented here, but once I've managed to submit my request the issue was resolved in a couple of days.

Antoine Beloeuvre April 1, 2022

Hi @Daniel Eads 
We have the same issue for yem.atlassian.net, user tanushree.nayak
We checked spam and mail provider, seems invitation is not sent.
Thank you for your help!

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2022

@Agata Wijaczka sorry about the delay - hoping you were able to get sorted out last month via your support ticket. If not, should be set now.

@Webmaster the user you mentioned was still on the bounce list, which I've cleared out for your domain.

@Antoine Beloeuvre I've cleared out the error for the user you mentioned. It did show the error code we often see when Office 365 incorrectly categorizes a message as spam - there's an article here on Community detailing how to prevent email bounces on Office 365 that can help. Resending the invite should work now, but you can follow the steps in the article to explicitly allow emails from Atlassian Cloud as a preventative measure.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

@Yichen Liu a few thoughts...

• Has the user checked the junk folder? I know this is obvious but I still forget to do this from time to time. :)
  • Maybe there is a delay in the sending of the email from cloud?

For in-depth troubleshooting, you will need to work with someone from inside Atlassian. I  recommend opening a support ticket through your cloud instance. This will get you access to internal support. They will have access to what is going on behind the scene.

gl -pjd

Yichen Liu January 28, 2022

Thank you for the answer, the problem is solved. :)

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
April 4, 2022

If you've landed on this thread, you likely are having trouble getting invitation emails from Atlassian Cloud (Jira Cloud, Confluence Cloud, Bitbucket Cloud) for yourself or a teammate.

Due to various messages your mail server might have returned when the invitation was sent, Atlassian's mail systems may have paused further emails. This can be cleared up a couple ways:

1. If you are on a paid site, open a support case with us (you may need the help of a Site Admin at your company)
  2. If you are on a free site or can't find a site admin on your paid site, start a new question here on Community using this link.

Ask a new question about email unblocks

A tag will be added to help our support team quickly respond to the question and get the emails flowing again.

If your company uses Office 365 for email, also consider allowlisting emails from Atlassian to proactively prevent future email delivery issues.

Why can't I just comment on this thread?

Only watchers of a thread get notifications of new replies. Starting a new question with the link/button provided above will help the whole support team get a notification of the question. This means you still get help, even if specific Atlassians have taken vacation or changed roles. The team is stronger than any one person!