Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Allow edit issue based on custom field single choice value

Hello,

I have a Single choice custom field (ex "test1"). That field is not visible on Create issue, it is only visible on Edit/View. Field has some values plus None as default. 

Scenario: If user Edit Issue, field Test1 must have some value from the list. None is not a option. How to do this. I manage to set up Listener code bellow, but this doesn't prevent user to choose None if value already exists. 

import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.util.UserMessageUtil
if (cfValues['Test1']?.value == null ){
//Only Warning is shown but field can have None value
UserMessageUtil.warning("Some Error")
}

1 answer

0 votes
John M Funk Community Leader Jun 22, 2022

Hi Sasa,

A quick fix would be to add a validator to the transition to prevent the user from moving the card if the Test 1 field is empty. 

Hi John, 

Thank you, but no, because there is no transition if you just Edit. For example if you Edit (which will allow you to not update that Field), then tomorrow I came and try to move to another Status, ... It's not good. 

Simple thing would be to Just make it Required, but then Create screen complains (see above, Field is not present on Create)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,818 views 37 48
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you