All Epics/Projcets missing from advanced resource plan

wrenitinfrastructure January 15, 2021

I have lost all my epics from my plan, deleting the plan and starting again they are also missing.

Actions: - 

1. Added epics to plan - all worked
  2. Added a group by for components - many issues were not in the right groups even though the components matched
  3. Added filter to exclude completed epics/tasks from the project - some completed projects remained but greyed out
  4. Selected all the completed projects that were greyed our and chose remove from plan
  5. Pressed apply
  6. All epics/tasks disappeared from the plan
  7. Deleted and re created plan
  8. All epics/tasks are not appearing in the plan

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

Hi @wrenitinfrastructure,

If you are on server, go to your plan configuration and select issue sources from the menu on the left side of your screen. Click the big button to Edit issue sources and run through the import wizard again step by step.

In step 3/3 filter the issues by Epic and have a look if there are unchecked epics in the list. Check the boxes next to those again and complete the wizard.

There are no filters applied, however when I went to step three this time round, a few of the projects were there, those that have been edited within the last hour are showing up in the sources, any ideas?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

Hi @wrenitinfrastructure,

This type of issues is always hard to diagnose without any insight into the actual data. Several things may cause your data to be hidden from sight (or from your plan altogether)

• you say you added a filter to exclude completed projects/epics from the plan > that would be something I'd definitely look into. If your data is not returned by the issue sources your importing, then they will obviously not be shown in the plan itself either;
  • in relation with that: closely inspect all issue sources you are currently pulling into the plan and make sure that you're not excluding anything there that you would actually want to see in the plan. if that's the case, fix your filters;
  • sometimes releases are a problem. If you have issues in Jira linked to a release that you are not importing in your plan, they are not displayed in your plan either. Not sure if that is still happening, but it has been a problem in the past;
  • Completed issues: on the same issue sources page I referred to earlier, the number of days completed issues are still shown on a plan is defined (in our instance e.g. this is set to 30 days). Older issues are no longer visible in the plan;
  • and then indeed the possibility I described in my initial response and any filters you may have enabled in your plan itself.

So, quite a few things to investigate!

There are no filters currently applied to this source. However ive found if I go into any of the epics currently in the list and just add a comment they then appear. Do you think this may be a bug I triggered which is resolve by any form of update on a project?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2021

Any bold statements I'd make would honestly be wild guesses without any insight into your configuration.

Adding a comment on your issues does trigger an update of the issue. So I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere in the back of your data set there is either some filtering on updated date or maybe an indexing problem in your Jira instance. In case of the latter, you could always reindex your Jira instance and see if that makes a difference.

Suggest an answer