• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Agile board has columns mapped, but issues do not show up in plan view Edited

We have a fairly simple query driving a board for one of our teams;

> labels in (teamname) ORDER BY Rank ASC

When I look at the backlog for that board, everything is as it should be. When I look at the plan view, many issues are missing. Sounds like a simple problem of unmapped statuses, no? Unfortunately, that's not the case.

I can see from the column configuration of the team's board that the 'To Do' column has the 'Open' status mapped, and there are currently 23 items with that status.

Unfortunately, on the plan view of the board itself, none of those items are showing. Does anyone have any idea what else Jira could be relying on here rather than the column configuration? There does not appear to be an option to switch between sprints on this page, which was my other thought (i.e. perhaps somehow the filter was including issues from other sprints).

Couple of other interesting tidbits here;

1.) When I add issue count headers to the columns of the board, it shows the numbers I'm expecting to see (4 in this column, 2 in this other one, etc) - just doesn't have the appropriate cards rendered in said columns on-screen.

2.) When I dig into the network calls being made by the browser, I note that the response to :

/rest/greenhopper/1.0/xboard/work/allData.json?rapidViewId=162

...is showing the details of all the issues I would expect to display on the board; and this lines up with the total number when you take the column counts into consideration. But again, there are issues in that response payload that simply aren't being rendered on-screen.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Alright - so, found the answer in the end; swimlanes.

Turns out at some point a swimlane had been configured that meant a whole bunch of issues were hidden. Unfortunately there was nothing in the UI/UX that made it clear this is what was going on :(

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

748 views 12 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you