Agile Simplified Workflow & Time Tracking

Hi.

When I create a new project and select the project type "Agile Software Development - Scrum", I get a project using the Agile Simplified Workflow.

The problem is that JIRA also creates a new Screen Scheme and does not include the time tracking field by default. So, everytime someone needs to create a project I need to edit the screen schemes and add the time tracking field.

Is there a way to set this for every new project that is created? I want it to use the default screen scheme or a custom one, and not a default that it creates every time.

Is there something like a global behavior configuration?

It would be great if I could also set the time tracking on and based on the original estimate for all the Agile boards.

Thanks in advance smile

2 answers

1 accepted

Not to directly contradict the grumpy cat but IF you are using the Server version (not cloud) AND have administration privileges AND can point and click without too many problems then you could use...wait for it....Script Runner (by Jamie Echlin) to 'copy' an existing project.

Then, if you can handle the above, what you'd want to do is go and setup various 'template projects' in JIRA with the desired scheme's pre-assigned to not use the default schemes (an EXCELLENT approach for things in general, by the way).

Finally, when someone wants a new project you'd go to Admin/Addons/Script Runner/Built In Scripts/Copy Project and supply a new name, key, etc for the selected project you want to copy, click 'go' or whatever and presto you have a new project pre-config'ed to your desired configuration.

-wc

1 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion Jun 09, 2015

No. All those are hard coded into the code. You'll have to manually edit them or change the underlying schemes if you are using the create Project template.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,138 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot